“Go therefore and teach all nations” (Matthew 28:19)
“Unless the Lord builds the house, They labor in vain who build it. ” (Psalm 127:1)
We must keep our society God-centered. God and religion are the glue that keeps our society and our institutions together. Every so often we must sit down and get our glue together. We think about what we value— what is important to us. We review the basic truths that we believe. In the past century we have seen powerful forces undermining, ridiculing and trying to eliminate these basic truths from our society. There are forces that are trying to destroy the glue that holds us together as a society. Who are these people? They are atheists, agnostics, materialists and secularists.
They are misinformed Christians. You find them in universities— in high schools— in fraternal organizations— in government— in hospitals— in social services— in unions— in the media and the performing arts.
Sometimes you find them in churches and in families.
Once you undermine the basic truths of religion, the glue that holds us together begins to unravel. One by one the family, marriage, respect and care for one another, patriotism, commitment and responsibility begin to fall apart.
These are the ten great fundamentals that we must not allow anyone to water down or eliminate. The stakes are high. We are talking about the strength of the family and the salvation of our souls. We are printing these basic truths so that you may put them up on your refrigerator and teach them to your children.
- The existence of a personal God, who has spoken to the world.
- Jesus Christ is true God and true man.
- The Ten Commandments that articulate the natural law.
- The sacred character of the individual person.
- The sanctity of the lifelong marriage bond between a man and a woman.
- The sanctity of the home as the basic unit of the human family.
- Inalienable rights of every person as coming from God, not from the state.
- The right, based on human nature, to possess private property, with its consequent obligation to society.
- Due respect for domestic, civil, and religious authority.
- Judgement after death.
I beg of you do not allow anyone intimidate you. Do not allow anyone to tell you that you have no right to influence your society with these basic truths. Do not allow anyone to shut you up.be alert as a Christian and as a citizen. Do not support any movement, any organization or any legislation that opposes any of these truths.
The stakes are high. We are talking about your family, your marriage, your children and the salvation of your soul