PLEASE NOTE: COVID RESTRICTIONS FOR MASSES ALLOW THE CHURCH TO FILL UP TO 50% OF CAPACITY.
ST DANIEL WILL HAVE A PUBLIC MASS WITH SIGN-IN AT THE DOOR ON
SATURDAY MARCH 6 AT 4PM AND
SUNDAY MARCH 7 AT 12:15PM.
OUR 4PM SATURDAY MASS WILL CONTINUE TO BE LIVESTREAMED.
WE WILL HAVE STATIONS OF THE CROSS & BENEDICTION EVERY FRIDAY DURING LENT AT 7 PM.
6:50 AM Daily Masses will be public on the following days the week of March 1:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
The 4 pm Saturday mass and past masses are available by clicking here, which links to the Vimeo/Livestream link
to view on your computer, TV, Roku, or other programs that link to Vimeo/Livestream.
St. Daniel's Facebook page is St. Daniel Church of Lyncourt, NY
where you can also view streaming masses, on the live tab.
If you would like the bulletin emailed to you each week, click on this link
and add your name and email. This way you can stay connected to
the parish community when traveling, sick, or unable to attend Mass
Opportunities for Giving & Stewardship
I have been asked about church support during this time of absent church goers. If everyone who is able will fulfill the yearly pledge that they made two years ago our finances will be stable. Many thanks to the parishioners who sent in their contributions this week. We are deeply appreciative. Please do whatever you can at this difficult time.
PLEASE USE ONLINE GIVING
- Go to https://stdaniel.weshareonline.org
- Under Stewardship, click the yellow button that says “Make a donation
- Click one of the yellow buttons to make a “Recurring Donation” or a “One Time Donation”
- For one time donations — choose an amount or enter a custom amount.
- For recurring donations — Enter an amount and select the frequency from the drop down menu to the right (Weekly, Monthly, Semi-Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annually or Annually). Depending on the frequency, select a day of the week, month or year in the drop down menu below. Scroll down to choose a start date and an end date for the recurring donations.
- For all donations — Scroll down to choose payment type (checking/ savings account, credit card, or debit card), enter your billing information, and enter your email address. At the bottom, check that the amount is correct, click the box next to “I am not a robot” and the box next to “I Agree” and click the button that says “Submit Your One Time Donation” or “Create Your Recurring Transaction ”
- The next screen will read, “Success! Your recurring transaction has been successfully created! You should receive a welcome email shortly with your login information. You can log in at any time to update, change, or stop your recurring transaction.” Watch for an email called “Welcome to St. Daniel Church on WeShare ” It will contain a link to set your password.
Note that if you wish you can mail your offering envelopes to us at:
St. Daniel Church
3004 Court St.
Syracuse, NY 13208
You can also put them through the mail slot in the side door of the rectory. From Court Street, turn in the driveway that runs along the right side of the rectory. The door with the slot is about a third of the way along the building.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR LENT
STATIONS OF THE CROSS & BENEDICTION: Every Friday at 7 pm in the church. There will be a sign at the door.
DAILY MASS: Monday - Friday 6:50 am.
ROSARY: Each weekday after 6:50 am mass.
ADORATION: Visit Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament during he hours the church is open: Monday through Friday from 10 am to 6 pm.
OPERATION RICE BOWL: Rice bowls for Catholic Relief Services are at the entrance to the church. We encourage you to participate as a family.
40 DAYS FOR LIFE: Join us in from of Planned Parenthood (1120 East Genesee Street) February 17 - March 28 2021 from 7 am - 7 pm. Opening Prayer Service: February 17 at 3 pm.
THE LIGHT IS ON FOR YOU: Confessions will be heard at many other parishes in the area on Monday March 29 from 4 - 7 pm
OUR SICK AND ELDERLY: If there is any person whop is unable to get to church and would like to receive Holy Communion at home, please call the rectory at 315-45-4946
LENTEN REGULATIONS: Ash Wednesday and good Friday are days of fast and abstinence. Catholics 14 years of age and older are bound to abstain from meat on Ash Wednesday and the Fridays of Lent. Catholics age 18 to 59 are bound to the law of fasting (“The law of fasting allows only one full meal a day, but does not prohibit taking some food in the morning and evening, observing — as far as quantity is concerned — approved local custom. Apostolic Constitution Paenitemini 1966
PUBLIC WEEKEND MASSES ARE LIMITED TO 50% CAPACITY .
4:00 Mass on Saturday, March 6 and 12:15 Mass on Sunday, March 7 will be public, with sign-in at the door. The number of people is limited to 50% of the church's capacity. The 4:00 Mass will also be livestreamed.
6:50 Masses will be public on the following days:
The week of March 1 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
12:10 Mass is suspended until further notice. Saturday 8 a.m Mass is suspended until further notice. Some scheduled Masses will be offered privately. (See the Mass schedule in the bulletin.)
Stations of the Cross & Benediction every Friday during Lent at 7:00 pm.
HOURS THE CHURCH IS OPEN
Monday through Friday: Open from 6:30 am – 6:00 pm (closed for sanitizing from 8 – 10 am.)
Saturday: Closed for sanitizing until 3:15 pm. Closed after 4:00 pm Mass for sanitizing.
Sunday: Open for Mass at 11:45 am. Closed after Mass for sanitizing.
CONFESSIONS We are not able to offer confessions until further notice. Confessions are heard at The Franciscan Place at Destiny USA: Monday: 2:00 – 6:00pm; Tuesday – Thursday: 2:00 – 4:00pm ; Saturday: 1:00 – 3:00pm.
LIVESTREAMED MASS: St. Daniel livestreams Mass at 4:00 p.m. every Saturday at stdaniel.com and on our Facebook. A recording is also available after it has been broadcast.
REMEMBER GOD IS IN CHARGE AND THIS TOO SHALL PASS AWAY.
Click here for today's readings (goes to another website)
Posted in Blog on 02/27/21
Holy Mass, Blessing and Imposition of the Ashes (17 February 2021) | Francis
We ... Read More »
USCCB President's Statement on the Inauguration of Joseph R. Biden, Jr., as 46th President of the United States of America
Posted in Blog on 01/23/21
USCCB President's Statement on the Inauguration of Joseph R. Biden, Jr., as 46th President ... Read More »
Posted in Blog on 12/25/20
"Urbi et Orbi" - Christmas 2020 | Francis "URBI ET ORBI" MESSAGEOF HIS HOLINESS ... Read More »
- Rev Eugene Yennock, Monsignor
- Rev. Mr. Joseph Celentano, Sr., Deacon
- Dan Hoosock, Trustee
- Vincent Godlewski, Trustee
- Eric Gang, Chair, Pastoral Council
- Bob Herz, Chair, Finance Council
- Paul Loman, Director, School of Religion
- Sr. Margaret Woods, OSF, Sick & Elderly
- Mr. James Capodagli, Sick & Elderly
- Lorraine Kiehl, Parish Life Coordinator
- Jon English, Cantor & Choir Director
- Wayne Skinner, Organist